Tuesday 31 January 2012

My first Seedy Sunday!

This weekend I will be heading over to Brighton for my very first Seedy Sunday experience.

I have heard stories about people swapping suspect little packages in brown paper bags with scribbles written on the bag - sounds very intriguing!

I am also a complete fanatic about growing heritage, heirloom and saved seed and keeping old varieties alive - in fact keeping a massive gene pool of a variety of edibles alive.  Its exciting - there's lots out there we can grow.  Wouldn't it be fantastic to save a variety from complete extinction?  Well it floats my boat anyway!

So much so that I am a very keen member of Garden Organic's Heritage Seed Library

Last summer, I was saving seed for the first time and have a selection of chilli seeds, tomato seeds and gem squash to share.  I've bagged all my seeds ready for the big swap on Sunday.

Got any tips for a newbie to the Seedy Sunday experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment